Friday, March 18, 2011

15 Months





Keegan is 15 months old! 


  • Weight: not sure, we go to the doctor on March 23, I'll update this then! 
  • Clothing Size: either 18 month or 24 month
  • Enjoys: playing outside, trucks, books, music 
  • Turn-Offs: milk! he will not drink cows milk, almond milk, soy milk, not even breastmilk in  cup! we have tried everything under the sun to get him to drink milk. The only thing that has started to work (3.10.11) is to help him drink it the "real" way. I got him to drink a good bit tonight that way...maybe its a start! As of 3.15 he is doing better with milk, finally. 
  • Strengths: Signing! He is really taking off with the sign language. It is making it soo much easier to communicate with him! 
  • Vices: Sleeping through the night. Still not great at it. He will go down at 6pm (which is GREAT) and sleep until 4 or 5, I get up and feed him then he'll sleep until 6 or 6:30. I can't complain much, but I'd love for him to go all the way to 6 or 7 on his own without me having to get up and feed him at 4 or 5. He has gotten MUCH better about this, so I really can't complain much, but just another hour or two would be nice. 
  • Words: 
    • KITTY (3.1.11) when he sees the cat that lives next door or even when we go outside he looks for the "diddy" as he says in a very high pitched voice. 
    • DADA
  • New Signs:  Keegan is having a "signing explosion". Our sign language teacher told us that at some point they just seem to "get it" and start catching on faster and faster. Keegan is getting it. As of this month he can sign the following words:
    • All Done
    • Please
    • Light
    • Phone
    • Water
    • Truck
    • Sleep
    • Milk
    • Eat
    • Bread
    • Dog
    • Music (not the ASL sign, but his own "home sign" of bobbing his head to "music)

Favorites of Keegan currently:
  • Foods: crackers, vanilla wafers, goldfish, blueberries, yogurt, broccoli, peas, hummus (he really is a great eater...not picky at all)
  • Songs: anything, he loves music
  • Shows: Baby Signing Time
  • Books: Signing Book, Truck Book, Hologram Watch Me Go Book
  • Toys: Piano, Kitchen, Balls, Books
  • Activities: Marbles, playing with James, Swimming, being outside 

Things I don't want to forget:
  • We were at Walmart one day and they had some mini donut holes as free samples in the bakery. Since Keegan had been so good while we were shopping I thought I'd give him one. He thoroughly enjoyed his donut. When he finished we were in front of the deli counter, which looked very similar to the bakery counter. With white powder sugar all over his face, he started reaching towards the counter signing "please, please" as desperately as he could. He wanted another donut.
  • If I leave the pantry door open, Keegan will go into the pantry and pull out the big box of goldfish. He will attempt to carry it and bring it to me (its really big) then look up at me smacking his lips signing "please". He knows he'll get some goldfish if he does this. Its too cute! 
  • One afternoon we were sitting in the den when Keegan brought me the big box of bisquik and signed "eat please". I responded by telling him that we needed eggs to make pancakes and that we didn't have any and we'd have to go to the store if we wanted to make pancakes. He proceeded to go straight to the closet to get his jacket and waved bye bye. So then I said we need to go put your shoes on, so he went to the gate to go upstairs to get his shoes. Once we were back downstairs he brought me my coat and waved bye bye again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment